Biocare’s FemGuard Review
What is Biocare’s FemGuard?
Biocare’s FemGuard is one of many supplements designed to help support overall health as women go through menopause. The manufacturer promotes this product as a comprehensive and powerful formula that allows enhances bone intensity and cardiovascular health. It also asserts this product helps with maintenance of the energy-releasing metabolism and the proper functioning of the nervous system, as well as protecting cells from oxidative stress and the facilitation of proper operation of the immune system.
This review furnishes you with the facts you need to make a smart buying decision regarding a menopause supplement.
The comprehensive ingredient list includes:
- Magnesium Citrate
- Vitamin C (as Magnesium Ascorbate)
- Calcium Citrate
- Potassium Citrate Capsule
- Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose)
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)
- Zinc Citrate
- Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate)
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)
- Choline, Bitartrate, Niacin (as Nicotinamide)
- Bilberry Extract (Vaccinium Myrtillus Berry)
- Corn Starch, Inositol
- Potato Maltodextrin
- Thiamine (as Thiamine Hydrochloride)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Manganese Citrate
- Bulking Agent (Cellulose)
- PABA (Para Amino Benzoic Acid)
- Olive Oil, Anti-Caking
- Agent (Magnesium Stearate)
- Modified Tapioca Starch
- Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis Leaf)
- Grape Seed Extract
- Beta Carotene
- Copper Gluconate
- Sunflower Oil
- Acacia Gum
- Chromium Picolinate
- Citric Acid
- Vitamin A (as Retinyl, Palmitate)
- Antioxidants (Natural Mixed Tocopherols
- Ascorbic Acid & Ascorbyl Palmitate)
- Folic Acid
- Potassium Iodide
- Sodium Molybdate
- Sodium Borate
- Vitamin, B12 (as Hydroxycobalamin)
- Vitamin K (as Phylloquinone)
- Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol).
The manufacturer’s recommended dosage is one capsule taken three times per day with food, or per doctor’s instructions.
A bottle of 90 vegetarian capsules costs $30. There were no discounts on the manufacturer’s website at the time of writing.
Possible Side Effects
The manufacturer reports no negative side effects from this product. However, the manufacturer does issue the following caution:
- Prolonged consumption of amounts exceeding 10 mg of vitamin B6 per day can cause mild tingling and numbness. (Note: the daily intake of vitamin B6 when following the manufacturer’s recommended dosage is 50 mg).
- Prolonged usage of more than 25 mg of zinc per day can cause anemia. (Note: the daily intake of zinc when following the manufacturer’s recommended dosage is 30 mg).
- The supplement is not safe for use during planned pregnancy, pregnancy or nursing
There is no manufacturer’s money-back guarantee accompanying the product. The manufacturer’s website does not have any verified user reviews that might provide an idea of the product’s efficacy.
The Bottom Line
Biocare FemGuard comes with an all-inclusive formula that aims to help women to cope with the symptoms of menopause. It is affordable and comes with clear dosage instructions. However, it does not come with a money-back guarantee and it does not have the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification which would attest to its overall safety and quality. In addition, the warnings regarding possible side effects from prolonged use are of concern.
Do you want to find an effective Menopause treatment? Check out our top rated Menopause products